Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Dropping the ball, geriatric cats, and a little camera *magic*

I completely dropped the ball on yesterday's weekly update, and I blame my parents' (used-to-be-mine) geriatric cat.  Its weird for my old house not to be my home anymore: I miss my bed, having all my work stuff handy in all the right places, knowing exactly where the dishes are, and most importantly, I miss being able to sleep through the night without the geriatric cat howling for me to pick her up onto the bed at least twelve times...before 3AM.

The couch was mighty comfy around then.

STARS OF THE SHOW:

Memorial Day Weekend (row one, pictures one-three) || Grandma laughing, my sweet husband and I with a touch of that day's sun.  Oh, and a fabulous white, floppy sunhat.  Because it ain't summer without a sunhat.
Adam's work helped put on one of the largest Girls on the Run 5K in Michigan last Thursday, and THESE GIRLS are the stars of the show (row three, picture one).  The day was rainy, cold, muddy.  Nothing stopped them.  Proud of them AND my husband for working so diligently and helping mesh innovative elements into this annual event.
And a BIG SHOUT-OUT to my brother-in-law, Scott, for graduating high-school this past Sunday (row four, pictures one-two)!  We had a weekend filled with graduation parties, plenty of family time, and non-stop plans all around West Michigan.  

POINTS OF INTEREST:

A wonderful perk of Adam working late hours lately to put on the Girls on the Run 5K was him bringing home around 100 carnations from a dinner event.  Four vases later (row two, picture four) and each room in our apartment filled with pinky goodness.  *sigh*  I'll take it.
Kristen Carlson and her husband photographed our wedding, and when they upgraded to the 5D Mark III, they put up their 5D Mark IIs for sale.  OF COURSE, I jumped on the opportunity because how freaking awesome would it be to own the camera that photographed my very own wedding?  And secretly, yes, I believe it holds some K. Holly magic...and I can't wait until I get to shoot with it at the next wedding!

Photobucket
*(Instagram is a free app for iPhones (and now Androids!) that features various filters that are easy-to-use and make posting to Twitter, Facebook, and my blog (with the help of a personally-made Photoshop template), easy-peasy! You can follow me @brennigan)

This week's agenda?  Hoping to blog the entire wedding from third shooting with Emily Rae, complete some "around-the-house" surprises for my parents when they return, driving across state to meet Kelle Hampton (!!!) to get my book signed, and getting ready for second-shooting with Emily Rae on Saturday with my new 5D Mark II.

Happy Tuesday!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment